Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another Twist In The Road

Friday was to be my day in the Trillium Hospital receiving some needed help for my back. This has been a year long journey and we were so close to having the procedure when everything went off the tracks. An allergic attack caused my procedure to be aborted and we had to wait for six weeks. With everything proceeding well for the operation on the 12th the doctor felt that more tests were required in order to be confident about my safety.

I was disappointed to be sure but appreciative of the concern shown by the doctors. I will be having some tests soon at Sunnybrook to make sure everything is safe to proceed. I could be angry but negative energy is wasted energy so we have to be patient.



We have everything ready for the special day and the improvements to our home will come in handy for all of us as we age. Installing new toilets, doubling up the handrails on the stairs and grab bars in needed places  kept us busy while waiting. Special equipment like a walker was loaned to me by a neighbour and we purchased a back brace and small items to make my recovery easier. These conveniences will have to wait for a while unless there is another twist in the road .                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...