Monday, April 18, 2011

Hot Work

Getting ready to close up your home in Florida is hot work. With the temperature in the nineties you feel the humidity even more. Putting on the hurricane shuttles is my hardest task as the ton of metal enclosers have to be carried from the garage and individually bolted to the wall of the house.This year I was fortunate and never had a stripped bolt or any real problem.

Putting the trees and plants to bed is a labour of love and my time spent in the yard was pleasure. I documented the growth of the trees and speculated at the increase when I return . I am always amazed at one half year growth here in Florida.

With the heat of the day we have no need for heating the pool and swimming the last few nights with the full moon and warm water was a treat.Our last few days in Florida are always special because we hear from our family that the weather is really not to good yet so stay as long as you are able. I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty in good Ontario soil and seeing the blossoms come out on our fruit trees. Living in two different worlds has its benefits and its challenges as well. Right now I welcome both and will be glad to head north in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, our neighbors returned from Texas to Iowa and they are suffering with the cold temps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am done with winter -- and am so ready for the return of the snow birds. The nest is ready and waiting ... although the almost week old salad may not be faring so well. : ) We will be there to welcome you with open arms. We need someone to eat the poke's nose!

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...