Thursday, April 21, 2011

All Alone

I just returned from the airport where I left Theresa and Doris . It was a weird feeling to return to our house as empty as can be and to feel alone. With many little details to attend to I was not long feeling sorry for myself and cleaned up the stove top and repacked a few items so they would be reached within arms length as I drove home. The trip home is 2282 Kms and it takes about 23 hours. I divide the time in a 16..8  hour day.

I shall get a good sleep and be off At 3.30 or 4 am. The first five or six hours are bonus hours as there is no traffic. Along the way I love to watch the birds and animals and the time flies. I never speed and have never had a traffic violation in all the years down here.

As I have packed my last few things I look about and make a survey of the grounds to make sure all the tools and objects are secured in case of a hurricane. Our small cat which visits Theresa every day knows something is up and visits with a quiet meow to get my attention. Some cat food handles this small interruption to an otherwise silent house.

Tomorrow is our anniversary so we had a special dinner before they left. Having Doris home was cause enough for a small celebration but our anniversary made it specially good. Fresh salmon, mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables followed by strawberry shortcake was a great way to begin our migration back home. Home where our family will get together on Sunday to celebrate Easter and Family.

With all these good thoughts the house does not seem so lonely and with the good expectations of the next few days why should I feel so. Maybe I should change the title to all alone with my great thoughts of family.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post Henry,
    And you're never alone when you realize how very loved you are - by your friends and family. Safe travels and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...