Thursday, October 14, 2010

UP, UP, and AWAY

We like the Canada Geese fly away every fall to our little southern abode. We have a system which makes the change over quite easy and painless. There is a list which Theresa produces to make sure we have all our needs met for the transition. We would not have a problem with the space in the van were it not for the girls shoes and makeup.

Although it is a happy occasion and we look forward to going south there is the other side of the coin. Leaving the friendly home here with all the plants and trees is not difficult as we have that where we are going, it is the loss of almost daily contact with the family and friends which makes it somewhat difficult. Phone calls, email's are great but they cannot replace the physical contact we have here.

This year we hope to have some visits and this adds to the joy we experience there. Already I am trying to visualize the yard and the trees. They grow so quickly that we are astonished when we drive up to our home. Of course there is always some problems with the greenery as the fruit is too heavy and branches are broken or wind will cause damage to the screens and so on.

We have to vote in our municipal election and the advance poll is open all day. I never want to miss my privilege to cast my vote.The last minute little things keep us from not becoming too anxious to get going. Some good news for us is that the Canadian dollar is exactly at par as I write and is expected to rise even more. Some years ago we had to pay 48 cents on the dollar and one time even more. This does not help international trade but it is friendly for travellers going to the USA.

I shall continue my blogs in a few days when I get settled. I will add some pics of the jungle before and after I clean up an trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...