Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Frustration

I just returned home from JJGREGS store empty handed. Theresa and I decided to buy a new computer and went shopping. We were impressed with an all in one with a 22 inch screen and all the bells and whistle. Built in camera and many features we have not used before but wanted to try.

We had the technicians at the store complete all the installations and we just had to take it home and plug it in and enjoy. Well !!! We did all that and when we unpacked and plugged in we could not get hooked to the net. We did all the usual and finally phoned our Comcast people and after what seemed like a lifetime we hung up.

Not to be discouraged, we called the people who make the darn thing and after one hour and twenty minutes she suggested we phone the store. We did and after many attempts we decided to take it in next morning. As I left for the store at 10 am, I told Theresa I would get everything straightened out.

These people were nice and Nick the service man did his best. I finally had it and insisted on a new fresh computer. The manager agreed with reservations and I sat while they went through the whole start up thing again. The moment arrived and the teck guy with a smile on his face said that I could start it up.

His smile turned to a shocked look when the computer read, Internet will not open this page. It was 2 pm and I was fuming. Everyone knows that I have an abundance of patience but this moment was not one of them. They were going to make everything OK but not then. They needed it overnight when their chief tech would be there to correct the matter.

With glaring eyes I decided to go home and wait for the call. My words betrayed my real inner thoughts as I thanked the tech man for his help and looked forward to his call not later than 10 am. I left and drove home under control but barely. Three days to get a expensive computer to work... maybe I should take out my pencils and sharpener and do my writing. Am I frustrated? Yes but tomorrow when I get my new toy I will be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Why do things have to be so complicated? I feel your pain "Oh Patient One" ... (not!). : )
    Enjoy your new toy. Next stop -- settin gup SKYPE so we can talk face to face! XXLyn

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...