Sunday, October 31, 2010

Golf Theresa's Style




Sunday and a free afternoon with 85 degree temperature and golf at a nearly free price. Our municipal golf course was having a special with golf for two with a cart for forty dollars. That is over half price and after I asked Theresa to get moving and have some fun she agreed. Theresa has not played so far since we came to Florida and I felt it was time. We got a tee time for 1.12 and we were off. We became a twosome & with no one to push us we could have a good time . Theresa was off to a start that would not be good if we had partners, but she improved with every swing.

The only problem with the game was that Theresa saw every bird and animal that crossed our path. After a few holes I became a little concerned and asked her to play golf and leave the flora and animals to another time.. Eagles flew over as I tried to drive the fourth hole and Theresa yelled for me to look, as my ball rolled into the small lake to my left.

She was sorry but right after that she saw a raccoon running to a tree near us and as she gathered her camera I reminded her that there was a couple following who wanted us to keep up.

Theresa took the picture and I became a little frustrated but understood that golf for Theresa was a nature hike. We played for 15 holes and I suggested it was too hot and I was ready to go home. She agreed and we drove down the last fare ways with a happy Theresa with camera in hand taking pics of squirrels, birds and any form of life that moved.

That is golf , Theresa style and I might as well get used to it because it will not change. I only pray that her style will not be played when we have partners who are serious golf players.

1 comment:

  1. So funny -- I can only imagine following you two around a golf course. I suspect Theresa was not the only one pointing out the birds etc! Glad you had fun. XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...