Friday, October 29, 2010

New Toy

As a person who loves to write there can be no greater happiness than to have a new tool to help make the task more enjoyable. Well...I finally have my new computer up and running. An HP all in one with a 20 inch flat screen and wireless everything. We have this new device as the result of a store unable to get our new computer going. After nearly two days of technician work our purchase frustrated us to the point where we were unable to look at it in a positive way. We insisted on a new one so the manager upgraded us and made us happy with this machine.

It is compact and neat with all the bells and whistles and we hope it will improve my spelling and syntax as I resume my writing.Things change so quickly that a device you buy today is out of date in a few years. In our short 10 years we have bought 4 computers and the difference from the first and our last purchase is day and night.

During the three days when I was out of commission I felt that something was missing and as I sit here today a certain joy has returned to my daily routine. Some of my friends who do not own a computer have a dozen reasons why they don't experience the joy of owning a using a computer. For older people I feel the internet opens up a whole universe and had a way of keeping you young and up to date. I could not imagine life without my computer and my new toy makes it all come true .

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You are back online! So happy you are loving the new all in one ... maybe we should call it a "onesie". I will look forward to many more insightful boasts ... I mean posts! I am so proud that you are fearless when it comes to technology and it warms my heart to see you ebracing it so much.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...