Monday, September 13, 2010

Three Musketeers

My sister Glenda lost her husband the last couple of weeks but she has much to be happy about. She has a daughter who has three of the most active boys you can imagine. They are so full of energy that sitting still is not their nature. However during the memorial service they were so well behaved I was amazed. They missed there papa but were aware of the situation and made a great impression on all who attended.

The oldest son who is 15 loves soccer and is great at the game but it was evident that he loved his Mom and brothers even more. He was like a nanny to them making sure they did the right thing and being well behaved for their Mom and Dad who were grieving.

I am always surprised when I see such a reaction from children at such young age but happy that this behaviour does exist. I do not know these grand nephews well enough but will make an effort to correct this situation. This family are building a new home near my daughters and will become a closer member of our clan.

I call these boys the three musketeers as they are all for one and one for all. They will give me many happy memories in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I swear Nolan is a dead ringer for his mom when she was a toddler. I think I have picture proof of this somewhere ... At first glance I thought this was a photo from the archives then I realized it was a recent picture from the memorial service. Uncanny resemblances!

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...