Thursday, September 2, 2010

Four Birds With One Stone


Next week will be a busy one for us as we have to travel again just after returning from our vacation in The East. We planned to visit our friends in the Valley but on our own time. A floor had to be installed in our daughters house sometime this fall and our brother in law passed away so our family will attend the funeral . All these events are important to us so we decided to do them all in one visit.

Our good friends in Pembroke have been hosting us for visits for years and this year is no exception. We have time to catch up on news and what is happening to all the kids. We play cards and eat well but the real time used is just getting together and keeping in touch. Phone calls are great but an actual visit is special and we get renewed vitality in our relationship with these get togethers.

The funeral for our brother in law is the closing of a painful door as he has been ill for several years. Joe was a community minded fellow and well known in his village through his service. My sister has shown great strength through the years and will be able to cope with the loss with help from close family and friend ties. We will have an opportunity to visit with people we have not seen for years and will benefit from the fellowship following the service.

The next event will be the sharing of strawberry plants with our Friend Doug and this year I have a walnut tree to add to his collection in his forest. A squirrel planted this tree in my garden and as I pulled it out thinking it was just a weed I discovered a walnut at the end of the plant. I planted it in a small pot and again in a larger one as it had a life of its own. I hope it will join the family of trees already growing in Doug's forest in the Valley.

Going further down the Valley we will be putting a hardwood floor in my Niece's bedroom. My daughter (2) bought this floor in Oakville and we will transport it to her home and help install it. My son in law has the muscle to carry it to the second floor and do all the heavy stuff as I help make the job a good one. Of course we are looking forward to the visit as well but first things first.

Fall is supposed to be on it's way but the heat is still on and a summer presence is still here. I really look forward to the few days away and accomplishing the tasks on hand. We seem to get busier as we get older or is that just the impression. At any rate I want to kill all four birds with one stone and return home to prepare my garden for fall and winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...