Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Moving Towards Maturity

Every once in a while I get the feeling that everyone I am close to is either sick or experiencing a personal crisis. The past weeks no less than four of my good friends has begun an adventure into a health issue. I get the usual feeling of sorrow, pity and self indulgence until I realize that this is real life.

People are confronted with challenges all the time but it is the manner in which they approach the situation which sets them apart from the poor me people. In my life I have not had to face real tragedy without strong support. The life struggle of my wife Roma in earning a second chance through a lung transplant was indeed a life lesson to me and our family. It was the way she attacked the opportunity of a life extender that gave all of us a fresh view of life. Never was there a poor me attitude but thanks for the chance to receive a gift of life from a stranger. How this changed our life.

Her attitude and demeanor made it easier for us to cope with the final outcome. It is with this in mind that I am able to support my friends in a positive manner and be there when I am needed. Inner strength is there for all of us if we seek it through staying above the dark side of life. In the next years , because of my age I will move towards maturity in understanding and accepting the challenges of growing old gracefully.

For my friends who are called upon to meet these challenges at this time I have confidence that they will receive the strong support necessary for a full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...