Monday, August 16, 2010

Travelling

Theresa and I have been looking around some of the most beautiful countryside in America, we are talking about Vermont. We were amazed at the amount of space not taken up with urban sprawl but natural, untouched beautiful vistas. On every glance we were trying to get each other to look at this or look at that and there was so much to take in we gave up trying to share.

We played several golf courses but the number one in the State is Green Mountain and golf is nearly forgotten as the beauty of the surroundings take over. Our golf did not suffer as we play for fun but our camera use was to say the least spectacular. Theresa even had two otters run over the full width of the course but I missed it as I was looking for my errant golf shot.

If you like mountains this is the place to be but if you like mountain biking you have to be here. I never realized the extent of this sport. There were thousands of bikers, old and young going up the lifts to reach the tops of the mountains and then scoot down only to repeat this as you would in winter with skiing. We had an experience but we did not bike down the mountains . I will write again but I will be taking off a few days.We appreciate the time off and the wonderful feeling we get while exploring our land.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Pops! So happy you and T are having a good time. I love Vermont -- almost as much as Canada. I was also impressed by its incredible natural, unspoiled beauty -- and lack of billboards! Be safe and I look forward to the blog updates. Love, Lyn

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...