Friday, July 16, 2010

Off To McKellar Lake

My daughter and her husband bought a cottage on McKellar Lake just a few hours from our town. I saw pictures of the place and it looked truly beautiful. As a young teacher beginning his career in Ontario I am familiar with the lay of the land but am excited to actually visit this area once more. Yesterday I worked the best part of the day building a wooden bed for the cottage. After we loaded it in the van, added some tools and two bikes there is hardly room for Theresa and I.

I must make sure that I take some fishing gear as this lake has some good fish because it has been stocked over the past few years. It seems like it was yesterday when we as a young family used to love our time at our own cottage. It was a great place for the kids young and old and even today the children talk of the good times at the lake.

I am sure that my daughter will have many experiences up there away from the busy life here at home. There is something therapeutic about being alone with nature and hearing the birds sing and the water lapping against the rocks without the sound of traffic and noise. It is a long drive to the cottage but the time to and from the lake gives people an opportunity to talk and communicate without the interruptions of daily living.

I must get going but I have to water the garden and a hundred other things before actually leaving. We have being looking forward to this weekend and will take full advantage of our few days up there on McKellar Lake.

3 comments:

  1. I'm catching up with your posts. Glad to know your daughter is back from Africa and had great experiences. Enjoy the lake cottage and family times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Henry,
    Once again you are proving what a wonderful father/dad you are. Thank you for your loving help and always being there. I hope you had a FANTASTIC time up north. Can't wait for our visit - and all the wonderful memories I store in my heart from my McKellar days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember to make friends with the Peregrine :)

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...