Monday, July 26, 2010

Get Together

Another family get-together and it was a party for Theresa but really it was great to have everyone in the same room again. We had old friends from Sudbury join us and they enjoyed the kids. A few were missing but the ones there made up for it by constant chatter.

Our family is maturing and when the grand children are in their twenties, it tells a story. We don't feel much older but numbers don't lie so we are maturing (gracefully). I love to watch and listen to the interaction and hear words spoken that reflect my values and assumptions. This is especially true when it comes to politics, and most have a liberal view. Actually most are socially conscious and vote not for the party, but the issue.

Theresa loves birthdays and all that goes with it. She has immersed herself in the family and coming from a single child family it must have been quite a conversion. With the grandchildren entering into relationships we feel blessed, as the new kids on the block are so great. I have always said that when your children are growing up and joining the world out there, know their friends. Good friends make for happiness and growth; bad friends make for a crappy future.

There was plenty of good food and more laughter than you could stand but it was the look on Theresa's face that told it all. I should not report this but I was so involved with the arrangements that I forgot the gift for Theresa. How could this happen? We planned to go away for a few days golfing on her actual birthday but it was cancelled. For all the planning I did I missed a little thing. I pleaded a senior moment when told of the inappropriate act but I am not sure Theresa bought it. I will make up the difference in the future but for now I will have to make sure I know which way the wind is blowing.

Get-togethers are wonderful and I truly love the fact that all our family feel the same way.

2 comments:

  1. OOps! I think you can only use the "senior" defence once ... so you better have a good make up gift up your sleeve. It was a fun evening when all was said and done, and the food was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know Theresa enjoyed her birthday with family and friends. You'll have to make it up for the absent gift.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...