Monday, June 7, 2010

Computers Are For Everyone

Theresa and I are fortunate to have family members who are very good with computers. We use our computers for nearly everything from banking, email, face book and blogging. The only problem is that we cannot fix the glitches when they occur. A good example of that is a problem we I had in my picture file. I was having difficulty retrieving and posting pictures on my blog. Our grand daughter who lives down the road came to our place on Saturday and in an hour gave us a lesson on how to perform functions on our computer.

While she was here she helped on many counts and wrote out instructions for us and posted them on favourites. Without this help we would be in a mess on many occasions. When we are in Florida the help is as close as our phone or email. People who are reluctant to use the computer are missing out on the best piece of communications hardware. Older people are using this vehicle more and more and their lives are enriched daily.

With Google the capabilities are without limits for instant information. One of my older friends (aged 88) took up using the computer for medical information. Since then he has opened up a whole other world and although he is confined to his home, he roams the world and has brought back excitement to himself and his wife. He bought a printer and now has started to print pictures and and copy documents. His life has been changed and for the better.

While waiting in the doctor's office the other day a man sat by me and pulled out this portable notebook. With the finger doing the walking. I was amazed at the functions. As I looked interested he was happy to show me some of the things it could do. It made me feel I was in the dark ages in as far as computers were concerned. I must get one of them.

Life is better when you are able to mesh the old with the new. Computers are life savers for us and really are for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. And good for you for staying with the times Pops! I agree ... the strength of the Internet and computing is that it can unify and strengthen family communications and make the world a better place. We are all only a click away. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a way to hint that you want an iPad for Father's Day? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...