Thursday, October 29, 2009

Too Hot

I never thought I would complain about the heat but here I go. We arrived here to record cold on the 17th and saw temperatures about the high forties. Immediately after the weather changed and we are experiencing record highs every day. Nobody has ever seen the daytime temps in the low nineties at this time of the year. The humidity is also high so we are living in a green house with temperatures feeling like over 100.

After only 9 days the garden is great with carrots, beets, lettuce and beans all up and running. The tomatoes were three inches when I purchased them and they are almost a foot high now. People and vegetables have a different heat tolerance. Our pool is a friendly oasis and without it we would be suffering even more.

It looks like we will be having another week of this extreme weather and then normal again.We are a funny bunch and hard to please so a few weeks from now I might be saying how cool it is. Personally I accept whatever is served but the ladies have a different thermostat than I. Granny Doris likes to be out of doors but recently she has been house bound and that is not good. So much for the weather as we do live in paradise and we would never trade it for the cool north during the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...