Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Almost Settled

Some say a rest is a good thing but I really missed my blog writing. Theresa and I had a good trip south with 92 year old Doris in the back seat looking for the nearest rest stop. We travelled 1650 kms the first day and stopped in Atlanta for a few hours of rest. We cruised at 115 km for 16 hours and there was not a complaint. Snow greeted us when we crossed the border at Buffalo but when we reached Cleveland the snow was rain, and all was well.

We arrived at our southern home at 3.30 pm the next day and was greeted to a shuttered home with no running water and a tired crew. The ladies unloaded the van while I took off shutters and did the man thing. I found all the trees happy and healthy and the grass well cut so I felt that the folks keeping our place did a good job.

We were excited to settle in and now the work begins. Trimming the trees, checking the fruit trees for bugs, killing fire ants and dusting and moving furniture out on the patio. I am tired thinking of it but it really was not too bad at all.

I shall show pics on my next blog so I will keep in touch.

1 comment:

Ï'm interested in what you think ...