Sunday, October 4, 2009

Doing Nothing


People mistakenly say in so many ways that we are wasting our lives, time and energy. We describe people as lazy, good for nothing or idle when they are not busy or productive. I happen to believe that time used in quiet reflection is very useful and productive. As a teacher I have observed children day dreaming and at the time I intervened in the process and woke the child from their pleasure.

At my age I often find myself reflecting on the past and reliving the special moments in my life. I have the most wonderful momentary flashes that cause me to have the pleasure once real and now in my mind all over again. Probably this re visit to our past will give our bodies the same stimuli that it did at the original happening. A dream where you remember a special time with your mother or family finds you waking up in a frame of mind akin to a real visit from same.

I know I am not alone in having times where you are not asleep nor totally awake and the feeling is one in which you have a conscious connection with your sub conscious. This exercise often gives you the opportunity to discover much of your creative side and you can benefit from your revelations.

Sunday mornings when it is dull weather and you have no pressing chores we should not feel guilty with using some time for reflection and contemplation. Call it day dreaming or whatever but if used properly it can help you solve life's difficulties. Case in point. You have to make some family decisions that could be messy,you work it out in your mind and you are able to outline many alternatives without the interaction of the people involved. This works and how many times did you go to bed with a problem on your mind and wake up refreshed with the problem not a problem at all as you have sifted it out during your sleep.

So connect with your sub conscious and enjoy your own company by doing nothing constructively.

1 comment:

  1. At times it is a morning, at times it is a season, but the time it takes to heal always brings me out on the sunny side of things ♥

    I like this blog dad.
    daughter #2
    ox

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...