Monday, October 26, 2009

A New Beginning

A week and a day later I am finally able to get to the important things in life like writing my blog. After a phone call to my friend John I realized that some people actually read these little outpourings of the soul. My routine in Florida is much different than in Canada and takes some getting used to. Early to rise and write will be my main objective.

My daughter has taken on the task of trying to organize my body of writing so I may complete my stories in some semblance of order.Since I simply let my hands do the walking on the keyboard it takes some discipline to make sense out of the fractured thoughts that make up my memories.

Bloggers who share their work have given me hope that when I complete my stories they will be a body of memories that my friends and family will be able to read and have a chuckle or two as well. I never realized how empowering writing can be and sharing satisfies a need I never realized existed within my makeup. The next five months will be truly a test to see if I can actually complete my mission.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Pops! I missed reading your daily updates and musings. It is wonderful to see you learning new things about yourself and then sharing them. It's all about the human connection, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn is a good daughter. Yes, sharing is a good thing too.

    So, tell us about your new routines. You know that I lived in Florida for seven years, visited most places too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in your stories, organized or not :)
    wcn

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...