Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thursday at Five Is Special

Every Thursday Theresa and I have a visit from our two daughters who work in the area and come to share an evening with us. This happiness came about as a result of us moving to a new home and a little further from their normal travelling place. Actually Lynda passes our home every day and I usually phone her at 6.45 am as she passes within a mile of our home.

The girls have set a pattern for the visits and we really love the shared time to hear of their exciting work and events we might be interested in. Our daughter in Ottawa is unable to participate in these events but manages to phone often. Today was a special day for her as it was her 35th year working for Ma Bell. I wish I could have been close to celebrate with her.

The weather is really looking like summer and I have been watching my garden grow better every day. Maybe we will forget that nasty winter which caused so much trouble for many of us. I have a few projects to complete before golf days an tomorrow I begin with the shelving in the garage. Right now I can hardly see the floor but I wish to have most of the work completed by the weekend.

Cheers for Thursday and any day we have a visit from our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...