Monday, May 18, 2015

Gardening Condo Style

Theresa and I live in a complex made up of 286 bungalows. It is advertised as a seniors life style area and it really is. Older people living in homes with wide doors to accommodate wheel chairs, tall ceilings and wide windows make living comfortable and gives a feeling of the out of doors. People who work for the complex wash our windows, mow our grass and water our lawns. We plant flowers and try to give our homes that special touch to show we are still interested in life.

I have always been a person who planted things and loved to watch them grow. Here I made a small garden and planted cauliflower, tomatoes, Swiss chard, carrots, garlic along with the flowers left behind by the lady who lived here. I made one mistake when I planted the Swiss chard as I mixed in the cucumber seeds so we now have a mixed row of veggies.

There is always a certain pleasure when you get your hands dirty in the soil and realize that life comes from the most basic elements. Water , air and dirt is a powerful mixture and I love to see it work magic as the tiny plants pop through the soil to meet the sun to become our nourishment .

Our rabbits have been in my yard several times but are only scouting so far and waiting until the greenery is large enough to make a good snack. I have planted enough for both of us so I have little worry from my animal friends. Gardening is a great therapeutic activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...