Sunday, May 10, 2015

Book in Print

After what seemed like a long time my new book is in print. We received the brown box early one morning and although I knew every word and every picture contained in that script I could not wait to see it actually in print. My daughter edited the final work and checked over the 236 pages to correct spelling and make sure the syntax was acceptable.

For a person who writes for pleasure and sharing I am not concerned about the markability  of the writing effort but the sheer joy of seeing it in print. This was about the tenth work I completed but many of the previous works were a compilation of blogs written over a year and make a sizable piece of work. It was writing blogs that got me started in writing larger books.

My desire is to write one more larger book and then to concentrate on my children's stories. I have written many little stories over the years in long hand and when I read them now I see merit in trying to adapt them into little books for young people. The challenge of course is the art work associated with the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...