Thursday, July 31, 2014

Wet Rec Room

The other night we were greeted with a rain and thunder storm that was as powerful as we ever experienced. We received about 5 inches of rain in two hours and the eve troughs were unable to cope with the volume. The worst came between 3 and 4 o'clock in the morning. I was concerned but not enough to get up and check the house. Big Mistake.

In the morning when I went to my rec room I felt a wet carpet and a squeaky walk throughout the room. Theresa and I quickly placed everything on top of the pool table bur anything on the floor was damaged. Our printer took the direct hit and our political pictures which I had on the wall were soaked. I hate water at anytime when it is where it is not wanted but this time I was really concerned.

I phoned my Insurance agent and was happily informed that I had coverage with only $100 deductible. Help came swiftly and now we live with 4 huge fans going full blast and a humid smell down stairs. I was surprised at the help we did get as the men moved everything that was heavy.

The adjuster came and decided that the carpet would be replaced and the walls to be painted as some gyprock was damaged. We are now just waiting for the men to come and get the job done. I suppose it will take a week or so. Nobody likes to have difficulties but if you do and have the careful people helping you as we have it makes it easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...