Thursday, July 31, 2014

Weeds and Flowers and weeds and Vegetables.

With all the rain we have been treated to there is no stopping the fast growth of all vegetation. My garden looks like a jungle as there is no empty space Every inch is covered with something I planted or something which decided was home for now. My pole beans usually grow to the top of  my eight foot pole teepee. This year they are several feet over the top and the whole stand looks like it might topple. Tomatoes are the same with many of the plants growing to over six feet. I have cut them at that level. With so much greenery the fruit sometimes id smaller and inferior so I have taken off many frons and it looks OK.

I don't know where to star when it comes to the Morning Glories as they are really beautiful and have climbed to great height on my house and other plants. I always marvel at natures manner in showing gratitude for fresh water and this year Mother Nature is doing a great job in filling up the lakes and ponds that for a few years were in drought conditions.

Usually at this time of the year our city is issuing warnings about water conservation...not this year. I am thankful that we live in a climate where we are basically spared the extremes in weather. We should be aware however this situation will change during the next ten years and we will experience what many have for years....extremes in our weather.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...