Sunday, January 6, 2013

Turning 76

I used to think that people who were over 75 were very old. Being one of these old people now I have a change of heart. I know for sure I am slower but still get where I am going, quieter as I listen more - especially to the young folks who have much to say - and less judgmental as you accept many answers as all being acceptable.

On this birthday I was surrounded by all my family except number two daughter Darlene who was in Ottawa. It felt comfortable to be among the family where there were no issues that divide us but many common values that become the framework of our family. As we branch out and become inclusive and bring more people into the fold, we become stronger with our acceptance of new and exciting cultural ideas.

I feel that my life passed so quickly, and the remainder years will be filled with exciting new adventures, but there will be more looking back and cherishing the happiness received from belonging to a loving family and friends. I will have a strong desire to make sure that our young people know and understand where they have come from and the rich heritage they are so fortunate to share. I am still seeking information about my past and it helps me to understand why I am what I am. I don't mean to quote Moses but that statement by God in answer to Moses at the burning bush is profound by itself. "I am who I am."

I have a few wishes for the next period of time. The doctors  gave me a new back and I must lose weight to help in the healing process. I should begin a service to others by volunteering for a good cause. I must keep in touch with those who have made my life rich and exciting and share my joy of life with them. Finally I must advocate for Mother Earth and Mother Nature and make the world a better place in which to live. All these objectives will only be achieved with the help of my wife Theresa May.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I would like to subscribe for this webpage to take hottest updates,
    thus where can i do it please help.
    Look at my webpage - legitimate work from home for moms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good set of goals for you Pops! And I have no doubt that you will fulfill each and every one of them; you have lots to offer.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...