Monday, January 14, 2013

Always Something To Do Here


Just when I was settling down to some vacation time new jobs crop up. Our garage door opener has had a mind of it's own and will open and close on it's own time. As I know little about these openers I did what any mechanically inclined person would do. I jerked the electrical cables and that did not help. I cleaned the electric eyes and tried to line them up better with no positive response.

Then I did what I should not do and that is open up the box. Common sense tells me to phone the man who installed it but I decided to try to get some satisfaction. on my own. There were some set screws on the side mount and with a screwdriver I attempted to adjust the door. First it came down hard and bounced right up again. I readjusted the setting and it went down but not back up. Then the lights started blinking and that was the signal to take a break. I pulled the plug and got down off my chair carefully and left the adventure for a rest.

I thought about this for a while and went back out. I read the instructions on the other side of the device and low and behold it worked. Not the first time nor the second but the third time it worked OK. Guess I should have read the instructions before starting the job.. I only hope that the next time I try to use this door it will work to perfection and I will get away from standing on that blasted chair with Theresa prepared to save me if I slipped or fell. Good to have a strong partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...