Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Work Day With Theresa

I have been a little slack this past few days and the backyard has been growing into a jungle. We decided to share a day in the back yard and try to slow down the growth from the summer rains. It looked like an impossible task but we focused on specific areas and filled three large barrels of garden waste.




Our city picks up this greenery every two weeks and in turn we get free compost two times a year. Our Virginia climber and Boston red climber were really out of control. It was fun to work on specific areas and after three hours we looked at the change in our yard. Then came the pruning of the trees.

Cedars and most of our bushes were growing faster than we expected so we went forward and cut them down to size. Since our strawberries are finished for this year we permit the squash to roam through their area. Squash seem to explode and this year with the hot weather and rain they did just that.

I always expect to get a red tomato by the 12th of July. I have been disappointed for a couple of years but this year I believe we will succeed, I have many green tomatoes and the plants are wonderful growing to four feet already and filled with small green tomatoes.

I love my back yard and this year it has been great with conditions nearly perfect. I hope that Theresa always has the same zeal for her garden as I do so we can share time in our back yard working together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...