Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Inverter Board

Arthritis is a condition that effects over half the population over the age of sixty.I have had this condition for a few years and like many others have tried many cures. There is some relief from the nagging pain with pain killers but you pay the price for the collateral damage to your body.

My doctor recommended I use an inversion board and I finally purchased one. It is a funny contraption and when you turn nearly upside down it causes you to get dizzy. You get used to it and after a while you see the benefits.

From the position of hanging by your feet , gravity pulls you down and stretches your spine and opens up the space between your bones. This permits blood to flow freely in this space and revitalizes the material that cushions your bones.

I was a doubter but gave this a try and found some relief after even a few sessions. It takes some getting used to and for a while I experienced some fear during the process. Once I got all the way down and could not get back up and had to call to Theresa.

After making some adjustments I finally have it balanced and am quite capable of looking after myself. With time I might actually like the contraption and feel better to boot.

3 comments:

  1. I'd be afraid of hurting myself. I'll stick to plain stretching.

    How is it that half of the population over sixty is having these problems?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I promised not to laugh -- but I lied! I killed myself over this one. Now that I have composed myself -- I think it is great that you are so open to trying new things and that you never give up trying to stay active and heathy. Keep on keeping on Pops -- and sorry if I chuckled -- just a little. See you soon you Snowbird you ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you soon Batman!!
    ox
    Daughter #2

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...