Monday, December 14, 2009

Heading Home

For the past 10 days we have being having uncomfortable hot days and I am happy to be heading north for a cool off.Yesterday it was 89+ and every day was in the low to high 80+. The humidity stayed high and it was downright uncomfortable.

All that will be over as we fly home to Oakville for a few days of family, friends and celebrations.We look forward to seeing real snow and wearing clothes other than shorts and a T shirt.We have been packed for some time and only the little things have to be taken care of.

Pick the ripe fruit, spray the vegetable garden with soapy water so the bugs will not feast on the tender leaves and mow the grass once more. We don't worry about a freeze up but we have to set our sprinkler system to conform to the by-laws.Take some more pictures to make the family jealous and motivate them to come down and visit.

As much as we love our Florida lifestyle there is no place like Ontario to spend the Christmas season. Our flight home is way after Doris's bedtime as we arrive home around midnight to a warm house and a tired traveller but she will come alive at 8.30 next morning ready to go.

I wonder if the driveway is shovelled? I wonder if the hot water tank is turned on and a hundred other questions flood my mind.These are the anxiety moments I get when coming back to our home. I know all will be OK but I am permitted to have thoughts and then there is the flight...I will close before I change my mind and stay put.

4 comments:

  1. You better not change your mind and stay put! No snow here so you don't have to worry about the driveway ... not a lick! Just enjoy the flight home and we'll see you soon. Your Christmas cactus is just starting to bloom - mine is in full out bloom! 2 more sleeps.
    Love to all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, The left coast has the snow that you should have - and only a few cm can be abit scary here!! With the family you have I wouldn't think there would be one detail left to worry about, so just enjoy the season!
    wcn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see Lyn will be waiting for you. Is she back from China for Christmas? Or am I confused on who is going where? We spent Thanksgiving in warm regions; after a week, we were tired of same-oh-same-oh!

    Enjoy a white Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lakeviewer -- I am not in China -- although that could be an interesting trip! I am keeping the Oakville home fires burning for Pops return.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...