Monday, July 16, 2012

Flying High

My grandson is taking a summer at flying school in London , Ontario. All ready he has taken the steps to lead him to this point of real flying. He has been gliding for a couple of years and this year he won a scholarship to become a licenced pilot.

He has posted his flying experiences and yesterday he flew solo. I am so proud that he has accomplished this feat. Flying solo is a head game and no matter how confident you are there is always the fear factor. Back in 1959 when I was in Fort William one of my parents by the name of Weaben gave me lessons for free and I had a solo flight in a old 172 off the water. It was a very big moment in my life so I can only believe how great it was for Little Henry.

This lad has goals to achieve and is on his way. He just graduated from high school and was elected to be the Valedictorian. He is 17 and has more confidence then most his age. By the end of the summer he will likely come home and tell his dad that he wants to get his flying licence.

Opportunities come to those who reach out and grab the brass ring. Henry is one of those and I am very proud of his achievements and will follow his way up the ladder and be there to bask in his success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...