Monday, July 6, 2015

Summer Flowers

Sometimes ordinary wild flowers give us the best showing. We have a group of daises which are just perfect and they are cousins to wild daisies but with a little fertilizer and grooming they spread out and make a great showing.

Our other flowers are good as well but our Dalai was in full bloom when we had a wind and rain storm and it broke off right at the ground. We captured the blooms for house flowers but miss the giant plant in our front yard.

The yellow beans were in flower and the rabbits came one night and ate them all off at the base so we have no yellow beans. These cute little fellows are causing me real problems.

Every year I try to have a red tomato by the glorious 12th of July but I think I will miss another year. The tomatoes are large but green so I just have to wait to have my first real Ontario Tomato.

We have been eating our cauliflower and Swiss chard for some time now and the rabbits have been kind enough to leave them alone.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...