Sunday, July 12, 2015

Fish Cakes and Tomatoes

It has always been my personal challenge to have a red tomato by the 12th of July. In the past years I failed to do so by a few days. This year I had my garden in early and I have been rewarded with not one but two red tomatoes. I usually plant the smallest tomatoes I can buy and this year was no exception. I did however buy a larger plant some time later that bore me these large tomatoes so again I did not really gain a red tomato on the desired date. It will be another week before my regular crop ripens.

I was asked to make fish cakes for a family event this week. I was fortunate to buy beautiful salt cod locally and so this morning starting at six thirty I prepared the cod and peeled eight pounds of potatoes. I was ready to go at eight but Theresa needs a cup of coffee before cooking the fish cakes. It is a team effort as she has the right touch to cook the cakes to a golden brown without burning them. We made sixty, forty small and twenty regular size.

Guess what I had for breakfast? Fish cakes and fresh tomato.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...