Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Empty House

Theresa and I had to return to our former home today to pick up some frozen food and items we missed during the move. As we entered the empty house we were filled with a strange feeling from the past as we were now going down a different road. The house devoid of furnishings and momentum seemed cold and strange as our past memories were related to events which often were connected to some piece of concrete memorabilia.

We wandered through the halls and entered every room and as for me a flashback occurred at every entry. The sixteen years were the beginning of a new life for me and Theresa and our family grew up in the home and yard and became the fundamental driving force in our close knit family.I was not sad as I have moved many times before and always looked to the future without neglecting the past. I have a strong conviction that thinking about the plans you have for the future will give you the energy to make sure you make the dream a reality.

I am at an age that many would say was time to slow down and relax. How can you relax when you have not completed the list of must do. I know that I will die with many of my desires not completed but I will continue to strive to attempt to get some of them done and expect my children to carry on and finish the job.It is this part of my makeup that drives me to communicate with my friends and family and share ideas and time with them to the mutual benefit of all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...