Sunday, January 5, 2014

77th

What is in a number?In my case the number 77 only means that I have been granted a certain time on this earth. The time was precious and I attempted to use every minute with conscious living. There were times when I felt I was not sharing my time properly with my family and outside commitments.There were times when there were not enough hours in the day nor minutes in the hour.I was never satisfied with the effort I gave on projects as I was distracted with the next and the next idea or adventure.

As I aged I began to realize that this youthful enthusiasm for life was natural when you have endless energy and ideas to fill every moment. As I aged the balance between family and  outside efforts became more in line with my desire to become a better father.

During the past ten years I have been able to make my time a happy sharing of family and personal growth. Theresa and I have more time to share and feel the need for family get togethers


when we are able to sit back and feel the love shown by our grand children for each other and ourselves. I always wondered what it would be like to have a family of healthy children and grand children mingling during family events and loving every moment.

Today on my birthday I sat back for some time and reflected on just these thoughts and realized that my mission has been accomplished. Our family is healthy in so many ways and will remain so as long as they keep the communication open and the get togethers a vital part of the family strength.

On this  day I have completed my book on my time in the education continuum. I am completing my second book on my life and musings during that period of time. I hope this will be a small record of our family and friends and bring a smile when read by people who appreciate amateur writing.

2 comments:

  1. I am proud that you took an unknown path and learned something new. Your books are what I like to call "footprints in the snow". We always enjoy celebrating every birthday, but yours is extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Thank you for an amazing post. We truly have an amazing family, and amazing roots. Can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...