Monday, December 16, 2013

Tourtiere

Every year at this time I get anxious to make a New Year favourite Tourtiere. Living in Quebec and having a large contingent of French Canadian friends and relatives  I was introduced to this pie long ago.

I have tried to use other peoples recipes for this dish but I always return to one I have used in the past and rely on it to do the job. This year we used the same mixture of pork and beef hamburg but I added a couple of extra spices. I use ginger in many of my favourite recipes and this year I added it to the tourtiere.

Probably no one will notice because ginger used properly becomes a subtle spice with rewarding results. All three of us got involved this year and if they taste as good as they look we will be very happy.

1 comment:

  1. They look delicious and if you need any testers -- I am volunteering!

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...