Monday, December 2, 2013

A Gift From The Past

I am a person who collects almost everything.Little items that were collected from the past were often tucked away in my many boxes of treasures. One of my oldest personal items came to my attention the other day when I was seeking some pictures for a book I am completing.

I was looking for pictures from the early fifties and came across two small items in an envelope. One item was a address book in black leather with gold gilding and the other was a gold eversharp pencil complete with extra leads.My oldest sister Grace gave them to me in 1955 before we began our travels to Pointe Claire, Quebec.

I was thankful for the gift and filled many of the spaces in the snall book with family and friends adresses,  birthdays and phone numbers. I used the book and pencil for years but
whnr it did not meet my needs anymore I retired it to the treasure box with the gold pencil.

When I found it the other day I immediately opened it and to my amazement most of the names in the book were either unknown to me at present or passed on. The family names are still relatively still active but the others are history. I checked the addresses against my present book and only a few were still there. For fun I attempted to phone a few of the numbers and only a few were still active.

This little book gave me an opportunity to bring back memories of the people recorded and I shared a short visit with them as I looked through a gift from the past.


1 comment:

  1. I really like what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever
    work and exposure! Keep up the awesome works guys
    I've incorporated you guys to blogroll.

    my web site: hentai images

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...