Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Family Get Together

Every year when Theresa and I visit Cape Breton our family plan an event so we will see as many of the family and friends as possible. this year was no exception as all my siblings and many of my nephews and nieces came out to Melvyn's and Darla's home. With a great pool for the young ones to swim and surrounded by country food our shared time was warm and memorable.

I have four brothers and sisters living back home and it is special to be able to see them together and relating so well. The changes in the little ones over two years is amazing. Little girls become young ladies and boys grow to be young men. The family traits are deeply ingrained and the comparisons are made. Pictures are taken and and one of we five always draw special notice as we are getting older. I don't see too great a difference each year because I don't wish to think of us aging.







Family pulls you together and helps you to remember your heritage and share the past with young ones.I feel it is sad when children lose out on gatherings where there is an opportunity to mingle with members of the family from away . These family events help to keep the clan strong and I love every time we are able to have a fam..jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...