Monday, March 23, 2015

Our Polar Bear Is Back Home

After being confined to a box for nearly two months we are able to get him back up on the wall in our family room.I worried that the bear might have been damaged during he long period of confinement but I must have done the proper procedure to keep him safe from mold  and damage.

We wrapped him up in large towels and put an outer wrapping that was water and moisture resistance. I kept the  bear in a cool place and for a long time out in the garage where the temperatures were  below freezing. I worried that while in the garage mice might find their way there and they could cause problems.

Once while I was up north I had stretched two spotted seals on plywood to dry and cure.I spent the best part of a day to make sure I removed all the flesh and since I was at my camp I left them out for the night.The next day the seal hides or skins were practically all eaten .I learned a lesson at the time as all Inuit knew that Arctic Foxes loved to eat seal skins when they were  hungry and the skins were fresh.

My recreation room is beginning to take shape as much of my familiar treasures are unpacked and I shall feel at home once more in my new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...