Monday, March 23, 2015

Our Library Is shaping Up

Theresa and I are having fun developing our library. We had a substantial number of books at our old home and even though we gave many away we were left with many boxes of valuable ones that we had to save.One of the most precious of our keepsakes are our photo albums. We must have at least 30 of these treasures. Today with the digital cameras there are few hard copies for the preservation of the past.

I noticed that when we were in the process of moving that the grandchildren were visiting and saw the huge pile of boxes of books and albums. The kids dug into the boxes and entertained themselves for a long time . They laughed at how they looked as babies and children and without meaning to ignore us they were in a world of their own.

Some of my fondest quiet times are looking through old books and especially photo albums. Pictures of friends and family no longer with us come alive in the photos from the past. I have hundreds of school pictures and I am sorry that I did not write the names on the pictures when I had a sharp memory. Even now I struggle to name all the kids in the school pictures.

Theresa and I built fourteen feet of shelving from the floor to the ceiling and I am sure that the space will be well used in the near future . Books play an important role in my life and our library will be a comfort in keeping it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...