Tuesday, March 3, 2015

New Home

Theresa and I had a special day yesterday with our two daughters moving 18 years of furniture,belongings and memories to a new house. we never moved very far from our old home but the ride seemed far for the first time.The movers were really great but the time it took for the wrapping of every lamp and piece of property was time consuming but we never suffered a single problem. I was amazed at the strength and endurance shown by the four helpers who conquered the five levels of our home with ease.

Once the move presented itself at our door the management of where every box and piece of furniture had to be placed in the proper area. was Theresa,s responsibility.We ran out of space half way through the process and then we filled the garage which is a full double. We though that we had downsized but we learned that we just had collected too much in the way of treasures.

We will take at least a dozen loads to the Sally Ann and I am sure that we will finally realize what we have been told many times that we had too many of everything. Glenda and Lynda probably got rid of many things and we would never have noticed. Yesterday was the most beautiful day for a move and today is an absolute loser and would have been problematic. My children do not realize that Mother Nature and I have a deal going and I booked the weather weeks ago.

In any case we are moved and we slept soundly last night. I was so sore and stiff from my week long effort that I had to resort to a long time remedy and had a toddy this evening to celebrate our good fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...