Thursday, October 25, 2012

In Search of Fitness

Theresa and I decided that this year we would join a fitness center and try to renew our youthful physical needs. Well we did go and join a center and I was amazed at the size and scope of this establishment. We will be assessed by a trainer and given a program to suit our needs.

It is embarrassing when you are faced with the fact that you are not what you used to be. Measuring your fat and calculating the percent of your body is far from fun. Of course all these fitness folk are early twenties and live in the gym. I have to say they treated us with respect as seniors and reminded me on several occasions that they do make a difference but are not magicians. Seems that my barber has that same line. Getting old is sometimes just not fun.

After a trial run on about a dozen machines I realized that I had body parts that suddenly asked to be serviced. The gym is the best answer to sleep disorder and we always sleep well after exercise. After our workout I went straight to the steam room and relaxed and after a shower we retired to our home and had a cool drink.

I was used to the gym but for Theresa it was new and she will take full advantage of all the programs offered. I do not expect too much but it will be great to be able to recover some of the physical abilities I lost after surgery.


3 comments:

  1. I just want to know what the "cold drink" was! Good for you both for taking proactive steps to maintain and better your health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you both for stepping back into a gym knowing it might not be easy! You will feel stronger for it! Once you get into a routine it will becopme part of your day...just like meandering in your garden. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you both for joining a gym despite knowing it might not be easy! You will feel stronger and healthier!! It will become routine after a while, just like meandering in your garden! Keep it up!! Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...