Sunday, May 13, 2012

Much On My Mind

It seems that once in a while there is overload on my mind. I never ever thought about this before but now at my more advanced age I get a little concerned about too much on my plate at one time. Deaths of friends has weighed heavy during the last few years when many of my closest friends have taken a journey to the great abyss. Preparing for down sizing is a needed reality but I don't know if I can cope with the idea of getting rid of the wonderful clutter I accumulated during the last 60 years.

Realizing that for the first time in my life that people see me as an aging being and treat me in like manner. I never thought of aging would be such a personal process. Ar least my family and close friends treat me the same. Growing old gracefully is such a myth; I will grow old any way I please and and I haven't decided yet how that will be. I know it will take some doing to change my ways and I really don't see the need anyhow.

There is so much that I have not done and I see so many glitches in my way to achieving these dreams that I worry I will be gone before I do everything . Small simple tasks that I would do before breakfast now require the morning and big tasks sometimes don't get done at all.

I love to write and could do much more of it but there is the physical aspect to life that must be attended to. Exercise often, eat well, be careful what you drink and how much, don't overdo anything and always everything in moderation. Actually I never did anything in moderation.....why should I start now?

Tomorrow I will be sorry I wrote this blog but tonight I am just venting. Venting is good for your health and I wish to be healthy. Actually I feel better already so I will have a small moderate drink and sleep soundly.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! A moderate drink! I love that. We are all aging and there parts to it that just suck! You should just keep on keeping on just like you always have. When the time is right for changes, you'll make them. But I also think it is a much more satisfying experience to make them when they are choices as opposed to being driven my crisis. At least you don't have anyone calling you ma'am! Cheers : )

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...