Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Timing Is Everything

Yesterday I had the misfortune to accidentally break off one of my front teeth. If you have ever had this happen you know it amounts to a tragedy. When I looked in the mirror all I could think of was Halloween and the pumpkin teeth. When Theresa saw it she tried to hold back her laughter but with no avail. Similar reactions from everyone. Lucky for me I have time to get it repaired  before travelling to Florida.

A root canal has been completed and I was supposed to go right over for a temporary tooth but my dentist decided to wait until Thursday. Then the fitting for a new tooth. I had the old one but he says I have to get a new on. For one little accident the cost will be $1500. The cost will be partially paid for by insurance but I have to be in hiding until this is all over.

Timing is everything in cases like this. I once broke off two teeth while travelling in the Arctic and I had to live with that for over a month, so this time I got off lucky.

1 comment:

  1. I am reaching the age where my teeth are splitting top to bottom. I know the feeling now when it does it so I head to the dentist before infection sets in and I get really ill. I hope it doesn't mess up your trip to Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...