Friday, February 24, 2012

Three Months Later

It has been three months since I had my surgery and what a difference it makes in my life. I have no pain, drug free and able to walk, bike and work in the garden. I am by no means completely back to normal as that will take several more months. The slow process causes me to take frequent breaks when working and careful thought when bending , twisting or reaching.

Theresa is my task master and warns me of over zealous actions that could hurt the curing. The most significant change is the lack of pain. After many years enduring pain nearly all the time, there was a tremendous impact on your whole life. The day after the operation that pain connected to the nerve damage was over. The small amount of pain connected to the healing process is so minimal there is no impact what so ever.

My challenge is to keep my patience in check and not expect unrealistic results. All this takes time. In one area I am going to take exception and that is in the game of golf. Dr said I could try to play but no using the driver. I cannot bend to put the tee in place so will play everything off the ground. A light wood (#4) will be my long club and I will have to be content to score poorly for a while.

Throughout this three months I have sung the praises of these Dr's who have given me a second chance at life and of course to Theresa who was with me every step of the way. The process will help both of us to live a more active life and share our  dreams of more adventures and travels which require a person to be mobile.

The three months flew bye and I am sure life will do the same so we have to fill our time with all those things we talked about when we were waiting for this cure. I am able to think like all the people who are waiting for their own miracle and hope they receive one like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...