Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Plant Not People Time


Since we have been home there has been only a few days that you could really call people days. Rain, fog, mist, cold and miserable weather. However the upside is that the plant world loves this fresh start to spring. The grass is perfect, the trees are blooming, the tulips are hanging around for a few extra weeks and all in all nature loves this refreshing rain that quenches the thirst of plants. All winter the plants wished for a good drink and if you did not make sure that they had plenty of water before the frost , they longed for what we are getting.

I am amazed at the strawberries and fruit trees which need that rain water and their thanks comes in the form of a spectacular show of blossoms. I cannot recall a spring as cool or rainy as this one but I cannot recall a spring where our plants and trees look so healthy. Today in the rain I grabbed my dandelion knife and made the rounds and was hard pressed to find enough to justify my safari in the rain.

Nature is a wonderful kingdom and marches to it's own drummer. Aboriginal people with who I lived with for five years told me often that every living organism had a spiritual presence. I observed this phenomenon and I agreed with them that nature has a rhythm which made more sense than the man made institutions of churches, religions and man made theory's which neglected common sense. We as people have this feeling that we have to put man ahead of the natural  order of things.

I guess I am true to my calling and realize the comfort I exact in being part of nature and all that is real and not mans desire to be superior to the nature order of natural phenomena.

1 comment:

  1. I think the plants and trees are the only living things that are flourishing in this rainy spell. Hopefully the weekend will bring a dose of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...