Friday, May 6, 2011

Painting On A Rainy Day

This morning I awoke to a dull and dreary greeting as I looked out my bedroom window to see how our fish were doing.They were all hiding under the vegetation and it was the signal that today could have a purpose if I got right to work. Theresa and I decided to freshen up the hallway by changing the paint. It never looked much  like a big job until I started to tape.There is a 50 foot straight hallway leading to stairs up and down. Thirteen openings for doors make for yards and yards of frog tape.

With the girls out for a visit I was unencumbered by unnecessary supervision and could work at getting the job done my way.I found out that by the time I rounded up all my necessary tools, floor covers, brushes and rollers that the hallway was pretty well cluttered. I managed to get started but standing on a small stool and reaching to the full extent of my body quickly stressed the old bones and I had to take frequent breaks. It seemed that every time I got moving at a good pace the phone would ring or I would make a mistake and I would have to start again.


I really like to paint - it is all the other little things I dislike specially when it calls for cleaning up.I lost my balance and the only thing that offered support was the newly painted wall. That and a dozen other little mishaps made life interesting. By noon the girls arrived home and wondered why the hall was in such a mess and I had not completed the job.Little do they know that it will take a couple of more days before everything returns to normal. With two coats and touch ups in the making I should be able to return to my real job, gardener. This afternoon the sun is shining and I am painting. So much for painting on a rainy day.

1 comment:

  1. Guess we know how to get the sun to shine ... paint! I think it will look great in that hallway.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...