Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Perfect Ending


As we prepare to fly away I have a feeling of contentment because of a wonderful three weeks. Time shared with family and friends make us realize what is missing when we are away. This year was special as family gatherings were many and rewarding. On my last evening here I was invited to attend a NHL game with my friend and son-in-law John. The ride to Toronto was filled with chatter about all things as we have not been in touch for a few months. The game was predictable as THE LEAFS lost but the game was well played. The real drama was in Buffalo where Canada was playing the USA and every goal posted on the game clock gave the Toronto fans something to cheer about.

With the final countdown already in motion I get the feeling that we are people in motion and constantly packing and unpacking. It is a routine I am used to and there are advantages as you have many opportunities to discard unwanted items and declutter.


It is snowing today and as the flaked slowly drifts to the ground we are treated to some semblance of a Canadian Winter. Yesterday I was raking leaves forgotten in the fall and checking the buds on the fruit trees. Today if I have time I will spray the sulfur and oil to prevent the bugs from damaging the trees in the spring.

My neighbour from across the street just came to say so long and that he would take care of our place. He is the watchdog for our block and is experiencing medical challenges that would overwhelm most but he plods along. I shall regret not being here for some support to help him along the way.

Our next blog will be from the sunny south and I trust the weather will bring comfort to my bones which suffer from a little arthritis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...