Monday, January 10, 2011

Fishing Again

Through golf I have met a friend who loves to offshore fish. His problem is that not many people like to go out 30 miles on the Gulf to catch Grouper and other large fish. I assured him that I would be happy to accommodate him and as I love the water and am without a boat it could be a good thing for both of us. Deep sea fishing here is some of the best in the world but it takes time to get out where the fishing is good.

There are reefs out there which are in about 160 feet of water and hold large Groupers and other reef fish. The GPS has made finding these reefs easier and more realible. Since there is quite a time factor in fishing so far from shore few people participate. You must have a boat capable of dealing with rough water and someone knowledgeable enough to navigate in trying conditions.

I am looking forward to this new activity and will report when I make a special catch. Supplementing my diet with fresh fish sounds real good so I feel lucky to be part of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...