Thursday, June 24, 2010

Physio

My Dr. signed me up for physio for pain relief from arthritis. Lower back pain strikes most of one time or another but now clinics swear they have cures. When Theresa had trouble with a rotator cuff she went to physio and got relief. When she was finished her treatment her helper at the clinic told her to go play golf as she was cured. Theresa took her advice and went out to play golf and fell off the cart and suffered a back injury. She never went back there as she thought the advice was a little off the mark.

As I went the first day there was a screening test. The same one my Dr. gave me and this time the screening cost $80. After that I was the willing victim of torture. I was paying $50. a session to have a young lady pull my leg, force my joints to be put in positions they have not seen in years and asked to perform moves that could only be described as vulgar. The reward was the ten minute use of their magic machine. This machine along with heat pads make it all worthwhile. Currents of electricity are shot into your back with a soothing result.

When you complete that part of your session you feel you could take on the world. As you leave after paying your $50. you are prepared to take on the stairs to get down the three flights. I managed ok but when I hit the ground floor I was ready to go back for another treatment. It sounds bad but after only five sessions I feel better. It is like going to school because you never leave without homework. A paper describing what you have to do is part of the treatment. What I have learned is if I was doing my homework all along I might not need to be going there at all.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you get longer term relief from the torture. This post makes me value the yoga that I do ... and reminds me to keep doing it!
    wcn

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...