Friday, July 1, 2016

Man Against Nature

My lawn is a beautiful green and my garden is about as good as it gets. However I am been invaded by rabbits and moles. The rabbits eat my Lettice and I do not mind as I have a secret stash in a container. The moles are sneaky and dig tunnels under the grass and they come mostly during the night but we see them in the day as well. I have declared war on these little Fellowes and went to Canada Tire and bought some heavy duty weapons to get the upper hand.

Mouse traps, glue pads and yes poison in containers that protect other animals from having a toxic lunch. I no sooner set the traps in their runaways when there was a snap and I was one up. All evening I engaged the enemy and was lucky again but from then on they changed their routes and I tried to keep up.

Late at night I set some more traps and during the night I upped my total to three. I think that I am loosing the battle because I still see new trails and a few poking their heads out of the grass. I should give up but it is a matter of principal. How can I let a one ounce furry ball of hungry intent defeat an intelligent 180 pound man?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...