Sunday, June 14, 2015

Rabbit Invasion

When I was planting my small garden everyone told me not to bother as there were rabbits about. I overlooked their advice and planted as usual. The garden flourished and everything grew faster than I expected. I saw the occasional rabbit in the creek area behind my house but none bothered my garden.

One day I saw three rabbits in the yard and they seemed to be assessing the growth of the Swiss chard and green tops of the carrots and vanished when I went outside. Every day since there are rabbits in the garden. Probably because they are so cute I cannot get too excited but what really upset me was the sighting of baby rabbits. These little ones were as large as a fist and were playing on the patio. Unaware of my presence they provided me with some pleasure. They never approached the garden but seemed to enjoy the running about the patio furniture. They left by running under the fence to the safety of the long grass in the field.

Shortly after the parents came and with mouths full of garden leaves could have cleared half of the growth had I not scared them away.I just have to go with the flow and hope they leave enough of the garden for me to enjoy. Tomato plants are not their favorite so at least there is one saving grace.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...